Thursday, October 14, 2010

missing

realizing today how much I am missing so many things.

I miss having a home, being grounded and settled. I miss having a job where I am using my skills and abilities, where I am seen as an asset. I miss having a group of friends who I know and love, who I am in community with.

I am especially missing my friends tonight, and wishing I could just take people and put them back in my world. That I could change things and make it so time, distance, and desires didn't matter. I so wish for heaven to come while at the same time wanting more time here - there are so many that don't know you Lord.

I miss so many things right now - but at the same time am so thankful for what God has been doing. He has taught, grown, and changed me in ways that could have never happened if I had stayed home. I have also seen him seek after people with such love and compassion.

When we step out in faith and follow his calling he is faithful to see us through it. I know he has a plan for me and that he has given me a heart for new york. I also know that he has placed all the people I have met along the way in my life for a reason.

It hurts, but I trust in Christ. He is my firm foundation and my loving father.

No comments:

Post a Comment